Whether you’re searching for training for your own organization or you’re an umbrella group supporting many organizations, I offer a range of financial workshops and delivery options to meet your requirements.
Each workshop can be geared to meet your needs and that of your group.
Delivery options: 1 hour – 2 days • In person • Webinar
Topics: Best practices in budgeting • Demystifying the audited financial statements • Internal controls in a one person shop • How to spot signs of financial trouble • Measuring what really counts
Who should attend: Board members (non-profit) • Executive Directors • Staff responsible for the finances of their projects
Don’t see the topic/area you’re interested in? Contact me and we’ll work together to create a personalized training plan to meet your organization’s objectives.
 Financial Management for Non-profit Boards
Develop best practices for the finances of your non-profit board
If you’re a member of a non-profit board, learn the key financial management components that you’ll need to fulfill your fiduciary responsibilities.
• Questions to ask before approving a budget.
• Financial reports – what type should you ask for?
• Internal controls board members should ensure are in place.
• Audited statements – how to read them.
• What key areas will provide the best indicator of the organization’s financial health.
 Creation of Budgets
Create best practices for your budgets
The budget is the cornerstone of any financial management system. Very often financial problems in organizations can be traced back to budget issues. Gain a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of “the budget” in this workshop.
• Types of budgets
• Budgeting approaches/best practices
• Budgeting for administrative costs
• Budget evaluation
 Financial Monitoring
Monitoring the finances of your non-profit
Are you expected to monitor the finances for a project/organization but aren’t sure what that really means? This workshop will help to provide you with the tools to monitor those budgets.
• Reading/understanding financial reports
• Variance analysis
• Monitoring multi-year projects
 Implementation of Internal Controls
Making a one-person shop financially sound
Proper financial controls are essential for the economic well-being of every organization – including one person shops. Learn how to ensure your organization – even if it’s just you running the show – has them.
• Delegating when you have no staff.
• Segregation of duties – even if you do everything.
• Developing simple and effective financial controls.
 Demystifying Audited Financial Statements
Understand what those financial statements are really saying
You’ve likely seen audited financial statements, but do you understand what the numbers really mean? If you’re someone who keeps quiet and keeps their head down when audited statements are presented, this workshop will help give you the confidence to ask the important questions and understand the true financial health of your organization.
• The income statement vs balance sheet – learn the difference.
• Understand key accounting concepts – accounts receivable, deferred revenue, depreciation, and more.
• Audited financial statements – what to look for when you receive them.